USB 2.0 Extension Cable
- Excellent for extending your USB connection to your PC, printer, camera, keyboard etc.
- The durable and gold-plated connectors are ideal for optimal signal clarity and minimize interference for better performance.
- Downward compatible.
- LED indicator light turns on when power is connected.
- Gold-plated connectors enable stable data transfer.
- No driver needed, hot-swappable.
- Product Dimension: 57mm x 33mm x 15mm
- Upstream: 1 x USB2.0 A (Male)
- Downstream: 1 x USB2.0 A (Female)
- DC Size: 3.5*1.35 mm
Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout. International duties & taxes may apply and are not calculated at checkout.
Universal Serial Bus is a standard that was created as a means to make connectors more universal and transparent, it was originally intended to connect desktop computers to peripherals such as printers, mice, keyboards, and storage devices in a typically short distance. Most USB cables will reach a maximum cable length within 5 meters, while the cable with higher specifications comes shorter.
When a signal travels down a copper wire, it loses some of its strength due to the conductivity of copper itself. The amount of signal loss, referred to as attenuation, is measured in decibels (dB) in terms of distance.
An active extension cable includes circuitry, usually at the receiving end, that regenerates the signal and enables data to be transmitted over longer distances. An external power port-equipped active extension cable will be helpful for you to ensure that the signal booster has adequate power to handle the extended distance, especially connecting with a high-consumption peripheral such as external storage.