Cable Length: 5M/10M/20M
- Built-in USB2.0 extension chipset for extending the transmission distance.
- With USB2.0 specification, data transfer speed up to 480Mbps, backward compatible to USB1.1.
- Copper wire enhances the signal transmission.
- With an additional USB Type-A port for power supply, by connecting to the external power supply, it can enhance the performance of the extension cable, use when necessary.
- Plug and play, hot swappable.
- 1 x USB 2.0 Active Extension Cable
- 1 x User Manual
Universal Serial Bus is a standard that was created as a means to make connectors more universal and transparent, it was originally intended to connect desktop computers to peripherals such as printers, mice, keyboards, and storage devices in a typically short distance. Most USB cables will reach a maximum cable length within 5 meters, while the cable with higher specifications comes shorter.
When a signal travels down a copper wire, it loses some of its strength due to the conductivity of copper itself. The amount of signal loss, referred to as attenuation, is measured in decibels (dB) in terms of distance.
An active extension cable includes circuitry, usually at the receiving end, that regenerates the signal and enables data to be transmitted over longer distances. A power connector-equipped active extension cable will be helpful for you to ensure that the signal booster has adequate power to handle the extended distance, especially connecting with a high-consumption peripheral such as external storage.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.