USB-C Active Extension Cable
Cable Length: 5M
- This active extension cable connects a device to device for data transfer only, up to 5M.
- With USB 3.0 specification, data transfer speed up to 5Gbps. Backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1.
- Built-in premium chipset supports stable long-distance data transmission.
- Stronger and more durable with aluminium housing.
- Constructed with corrosion-resistant, nickel-plated connectors for optimal signal clarity and shielding to minimise interference.
- Plug and play, no need to install the driver.
- With an extra DC jack*, use only when connecting high power-consuming devices.
- DC Size: 3.5*1.35 mm
- 1 x USB-C Active Extension Cable
- 1 x User Manual
Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout. International duties & taxes may apply and are not calculated at checkout.
Universal Serial Bus is a standard that was created as a means to make connectors more universal and transparent, it was originally intended to connect desktop computers to peripherals such as printers, mice, keyboards, and storage devices in a typically short distance. Most USB cables will reach a maximum cable length within 5 meters, while the cable with higher specifications comes shorter.
When a signal travels down a copper wire, it loses some of its strength due to the conductivity of copper itself. The amount of signal loss, referred to as attenuation, is measured in decibels (dB) in terms of distance.
An active extension cable includes circuitry, usually at the receiving end, that regenerates the signal and enables data to be transmitted over longer distances. An external power port-equipped active extension cable will be helpful for you to ensure that the signal booster has adequate power to handle the extended distance, especially connecting with a high-consumption peripheral such as external storage.